After our exciting night of winning on Saturday, Aaron and I took to the big city for a tour on Sunday. We had to park in the north forty for two reasons; 1) Parking is free 2) Seahawks had a game. I wish we would have looked into the schedule I was so jealous and felt bad we couldn’t go. Watching everyone in their jerseys, listening to the guys talk about the players, smelling the hot dogs and kettle corn, I was ready to go to an ATM and pull out however much was needed to buy a ticket, good thing I’m married to such a good man to keep me in line!!! The Mariners stadium was open for a tail gate party so we took a peek inside. Aaron’s been to a few games and said there isn’t a bad seat in the house. That’s good news for the people who were going to go to the first concert every held in that stadium, The Beach Boys!!!!
We walked about 5 miles from the car, through the city to the market, and back. Along the way I could help but be amazed at the sky scrapers, they are soooooo big!!! The streets remind me of San Francisco, all though I haven’t been there yet. We found a cute little pizza place along the way and were in need of a pit stop, I was impressed with the food and how clean the city was. I thought it was funny to see people on bikes with a little cart on the back that would ride you where you wanted to go. A few times I considered it.
I loved the market place. The first thing we saw was the water out the big windows in the back. To the right was a cruise ship, now those are HUGE!!! I’m still not sure I want to go on one, guess I’ve got a few years to figure that out (wink). On our way back up we saw the fish market, where you first walk in, and saw the guys throwing the fish. That is a good time. The fruit and vegetables looked so good and the flower arrangements were beautiful.
One our drive home we crossed a bridge that sits on the water (no joke) went under a city, and through a tunnel. This is by far the most excitement I’ve had on one trip and look forward to when we do it again.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment